You Could Qualify for a More Affordable Apartment Home.
Thank you for your interest in applying to live in our rental community. Kapolei Lofts is an Equal Housing Opportunity provider and seeks to process all applicants in a fair and consistent manner. Kapolei Lofts offers three different rent programs. Our affordable programs offer lower-than-market rent and are based on income restrictions. The details surrounding qualifications are below. Please call our office to speak to our expert leasing team that can explain the details and availability. Our team of experts is here to help guide you through every step of the application process.
Are you a qualified applicant? Keep reading to find out!
General Below Market Rate (BMR) Information
What are the income limits?
Income requirements: Household must have verifiable income of 2.25 times the rent amount.
Program 1: Income of 80% AMI (Area Median Income), ranges from $70,560 for one person up to $108,800 for a five-person household.
Program 2: Income of 140% AMI (Area Median Income), ranges from $123,480 for one person up to $190,400 for a five-person household
For more information about this program click here.
What Documentation Do I Need to Qualify?
1. Completed packet from all household members (only one application per household is needed):
- Application Forms
- Household Eligibility Questionnaire
2. Income documents:
- (Per person) Paycheck Stubs (4-6 consecutive paystubs starting from the most current pay period)
- Any other income.
3. Asset documents:
- 6 months of each Checking Account statements from current date; 1 recent Savings Account statement. If your total household assets (total of checking, savings, 401K, and/or investment accounts) are under $5,000*. A separate document will need to be signed.
- Any other asset ownership documentation (401K, IRA, Life Insurance, or Investment Accounts statements).
4. Income taxes (Self-employment only):
- Self-employed applicants/residents must provide previous year's tax return, including Schedule C.
- Applicants/residents must also complete an affidavit of self-employment. Self-prepared signed taxes are acceptable. If the applicant/resident states that self-employment taxes have not been filed, an affidavit stating this should be obtained from the applicant/resident and placed in the file.
*We do not collect any statements if they are under $5,000 only over.